At Learning To Homebrew, we employ a comprehensive editorial process to ensure that we provide the most accurate and trustworthy information possible based on personal experience and testing, original research, outside studies, and industry guidance.
Our content goals are simple, we want to:
- Earn the trust of our readers
- Commit to a high standard of journalism and writing
- Continuously monitor and update our content
Earning the trust of our readers
Trust is difficult and time-consuming to build and can be lost in an instant.
At Learning To Homebrew, our goal is to answer reader questions and explain topics as accurately and comprehensively as possible so that we become a reliable source of information about homebrewing beer and learning more about beer culture and lifestyle.
As such, we take every precaution to avoid making exaggerative, false, or untrue claims in any of our content. To reduce the risk of false information, we only cite reputable sources and back up any facts or figures we present in our articles.
Committing to a high standard of journalism and writing
Any article published on Learning To Homebrew goes through a rigorous journalistic process to ensure that any news, informational, or educational content is fair and balanced, accurate, timely, comprehensive, and backed by research.
Here is our process:
- All article topics and questions are identified and then prioritized by the editorial team to provide maximum value to the reader
- Each article is then outlined to provide the most comprehensive answer to the question possible or complete explanation of the topic at hand
- All writers are thoroughly trained to follow strict guidelines for proper formatting, readability, information-sourcing and the citation of those sources within the article along with regular feedback and coaching on the process
- Submitted articles are then reviewed by the editorial team for accuracy, cited sources are checked for authenticity, and the article is compared against current available resources to ensure that it is more useful to the reader than anything else
- Any products or brands mentioned in the content will be vetted for quality and relevance
- The editor-in-chief conducts the third and final check of all content and formatting before scheduling the post to publish
Continuously monitor and update our content
While we seek to provide the best answer or explanation at the time of writing each individual article, we understand that some answers will change over time based on newly discovered information, techniques, or processes.
As such, we periodically check to ensure that all published content remains relevant, useful, and accurate for our readers.
Each article will include a ‘published on’ date which indicates the original time of publication. Whenever this existing content has been modified, the ‘last modified date’ will be updated to reflect changes made to the article. In some cases, special mention might be made within the content about specific facts or figures that have been added or updated.